Double Hung windows offer a very traditional look to any home with the added features of energy efficiency and easy cleaning and maintenance. Multiple layers of weather stripping and a sloped sill aid in water control and energy efficiency. The top and bottom sash both operate and pivot towards the interior for easy cleaning and maintenance. The operating sash offer a wide range of ventilation combinations for controlled air circulation.
This product features constant force balances that are concealed in a stationary jamb liner, a cam action lock with a security release button and thumb release latches for effortless tilting and removal of the sash. For added performance, this product features double wrap foam compression weatherstripping at all critical points for year round comfort and a traditional sloped sill to divert water to the exterior.
Standard Window Features
- Fusion welded corners (.080 wall thickness) with multiple hollow chambers for watertight strength and energy efficiency.
- Double strength glass standard, 3/4″ overall I.G. unit thickness for maximum energy efficiency.
- Ventilation latches.
- Platinum Elite triple chambered silicone foam spacer provides lower U-factors, sound transmission, and condensation.
- Window locks with Cam lock design and continuous interlocking metal reinforced meeting rails provide tamper-proof security and weather-tight performance. (Passes “California Forced Entry” CFE resistance test.)
- Both Sashes tilt in for easy cleaning from inside.
- Fully pocketed sill with dual weather-strips for a tight seal.
- Dual durometer glazing bead for a water tight seal.
- Dual wall glazing leg reduces condensation.
- Exterior glazed for added security because the insulated glass-to-frame seal can only be cut from inside the home.
- Contoured integral lift rail for clean, smooth lines and easy operation. (Not a snap-on piece.)
- Beveled frame and sash for a pleasing appearance.
- 1/2″ constant force stainless steel balance system engineered to never need adjusting and to provide uniform ease of effort to open and close your windows.
If you need some window ideas, we’ve put together a gallery of window inspirations: